Red lipstick, in my opinion, is the ultimate classic makeup look…
Versatile, chic and just bloody beautiful, this amazing little creation can elevate an entire outfit from so-so to instant glamour. When I’m feeling lazy, but I still want to look dressed up, I’ll simply throw on a black or white shirt, some minimal eye makeup and a slick of red lippy, and I’m good to go.
But the question is, which are my favourites?
This was a toughie as I’ve used a few in my life time, but here I’ve rounded up my top 5 red lipsticks ever. These are the ones I’ve instantly repurchased and will probably keep repurchasing until I’m 80 years old and most of it ends up on my teeth! Have a read and let me know what you think of my choices!
1. Rimmel Matte Lipstick by Kate Moss in 107 Wine (£5.49) – When I want something a bit dark and vampy, this is what I reach for. Think Megan Fox in Jennifer’s Body…(not that I look anything like her, but a girl can dream hey?). Seriously though, I honestly believe that these Rimmel Kate lipsticks are one of the best drugstore ranges out there. Long-lasting with a great range of colours; not to mention they’re designed by the queen herself! This colour will suit pretty much everyone and looks great with minimal or bold eye makeup. (Full Review Here)
2. YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in Rouge in Danger (£26) – This is very much a classic postbox red a la Marilyn Monroe. If you’re not usually a bold lip kind of girl, but you want to dip your toes in, this is what I would go with. It’s very classic and has a lovely wet sheen to it. This is also my favourite lipstick out of the whole bunch in terms of application; it smooths on like a dream!
3. MAC Ruby Woo (£15) – I don’t want to go on toooo much about this lipstick as you’ve probably already heard of it! The perfectly blue-toned matte red has become such a cult classic among beauty lovers. It’s one of those shades that just suits everyone and makes everything look a little better, brighter and whiter (in your teeth’s case!) My only small issue with it is that due to it’s ultra-matte formula, it’s quite tricky to apply, but this does mean it stays on all night! (Full Review Here)
4. Topshop Lips in Rio Rio (£8) – This is the perfect red for summer! It has a slight orange undertone which helps to brighten skin and give us pasty ladies a bit of colour. This was actually the first red lipstick that I ever bought *memories, sob*. I was 17 and I think out of all my lipsticks, this is probably the one I’ve got the most use out of. Again, if you’re not sure about red lipstick yet, I would recommend this, as it’s not too expensive and the shade will suit all colourings!
5. Clarins Rouge Eclat Lipstick in Juicy Clementine (£19.50) – Last, but certainly not least, I’ve chosen this beauty by Clarins! I think people often shy away from orange lips as they can often go very wrong! You don’t want to look like you’ve been sucking on an orange lolly for the past hour. This shade, however, is just perfect! Here’s a more detailed review if you want to know more…
So there you have it! My top 5 red lipsticks of all time…What do you guys think of my choices? And let me know what your favourites are in the comments below. I have a bit of an addiction so I’m always on the hunt for a new shade 😉
Thanks for reading! Check in tomorrow for a review of the new Urban Decay Naked Concealer and if you fancy, give me a follow on Twitter, Instagram, Bloglovin’ or Pinterest, and I’ll be sure to follow back.