Hi everyone, hope you’re well! First off, I just want to say my blog posts might be a little iregular for a couple of weeks. The big move to Paris has been amazing but a little stressful and everything’s up in the air at the moment. Hopefully I’ll get back up to speed once I’ve settled in some more. In the meantime, if you want to see what I’m up to, you can head over to my Instagram page (@poresforthought) where there’s plenty of Paris-themed activity going on 😉
For today’s post I thought I’d share with you my Everyday Face. It may not be very exciting, but let’s face it, who has time to perfect a smoky eye on a daily basis?? I tend to get up between 7 and 7:30am for work, so it’s really a case of slap, dash and go. I generally stick to about 8 products on average – which I know sounds like a lot but really isn’t! – and let me tell you, I’ve really got this routine down by now. I reckon it takes between 5 and 7 minutes for me to go from zombie to semi-human in the morning, and this is perfect for when I just want something really simple, light and fresh!
- Step 1: Botanics All Bright Radiance Balm – Ths is a lovely fresh balm which I really enjoy applying before my makeup. It’s not really a primer, it just adds a bit of hydration and glow to my skin. Plus it smells and feels lovely, and is super cheap!
- Step 2: Bare Minerals Original Foundation in Light – I love wearing mineral-based foundations rather than liquid during the day. They feel a lot lighter and the mineral formula allows your skin to breathe better, so it won’t clog your pores. I always have a pot of this handy as it’s super long-lasting and looks really natural.
- Step 3: Maybelline Anti-Age Eraser Concealer – I mix up my concealers as I like trying new things, but this is the one I’m currently using. It’s really nice for covering under-eye circles and redness, but hasn’t got great coverage, so if you’re looking for something that’s going to conceal blemishes, I’d probably recommend the Maybelline Fit Me version instead.
- Step 4: Liz Earle Healthy Glow Cream Blush in Rose: For a pop of colour and life to my complexion, I love a cream-based blush. They just look much more natural than a powder. I like to blend this into the apples of my cheeks and up my cheekbones with my fingers for a natural ‘glow-from-within’ effect.
- Step 5: MAC Mineralise Natural Skinfinish Pressed Powder – My skin falls on the oily side of the spectrum so I like to use a setting powder to keep a shiny forehead at bay. This is really nice as it’s mattifying but doesn’t make everything look too flat.
- Step 6: Soap & Glory Archery Brow Pencil – I always do something with my brows as I find they just frame my face so much better and give it more definition. I love this drugstore pencil as it’s really soft and easy to use.
- Step 7: Clinique High Impact Mascara – My favourite mascara! If I could only choose one product to use forever, it would be mascara. If you have blond eyelashes like me, it makes such a difference!
- Step 8: L’Oreal Collection Exclusive Lipstick in Julianne’s Nude – A really pretty pink nude which feels lovely and creamy.
Occasional Additional Products: If I’m feeling a bit more effort, or I’ve left myself with some more time in the morning, I occasionally add a touch of the following:
- Clarins Aquatic Treasures bronzer – You know sometimes you wake up with that awful grey tinge to your skin? Where you look at yourself and genuinely wonder how anyone could ever find you attractive? Well, bronzer is magic in these circumstances. This is the perfect peachy brown for a healthy glow.
- Bobbi Brown Bronze Shimmer Brick – I love this for a really natural highlighter. Just a light sweep of this over my cheekbones and down my nose makes everything look a bit brighter!
I’d love to hear what you guys use on a daily basis. Let me know in the comments and share any recommendations!
Thanks for reading! Joanna xxxxx