If you’re a fellow Brit, you’ll know that M&S is an absolute staple of the UK high street. It’s the shop we all go to for special yummy treats for Christmas Day, the place for good quality and reasonably priced clothes, and it’s probably where you shopped with your mum for that very first bra!
In recent years though, M&S has seriously upped its cosmetics game. In fact, I think it’s such a shame that more people don’t know about it! I’m always telling people they need to stray away from the food hall for a moment and check out the brands hiding in the beauty section… Seriously, you’ll find a few to rival the likes of Space NK!
Here are my top picks to keep a look out for:
- Philip Kingsley: My mum got me into this haircare collection a few years ago with the Elasticizer; a cult classic hair mask which helps to give my flat, very blah hair some much needed volume and strength. While this brand is on the more expensive side, I really do find the products make more of a difference than the average shampoos and conditioners I use on a regular basis.
- Emma Hardie: I was shocked when I realised you can pick up this luxury skincare brand at none other than M&S. I thought it was strictly reserved for the likes of Liberty London and Selfridge’s! If you pick up one thing from here – which you probably will as it’s pretty damn pricey! – make it the Moringa Cleansing Balm. Emma’s line shot to fame on the back of this beautiful, sumptuous balm which leaves skin perfectly clean and illuminated.
- Pixi: Another amazing skincare line you need to try if you haven’t already. I’m currently obsessed with the Glow Tonic as an in-between step from cleanser to moisturiser. It’s the perfect brightening toner which doesn’t feel too harsh on my skin like some can. I also really recommend trying out the Double Cleanse with the oily balm one side and the cream formula on the other.
- Rosie for Autograph: Now I have to admit, I haven’t actually tried anything from this brand. However, I have it on excellent authority (e.g. my friends) that this is a really great collection from the top model. Apparently the brushes are really good quality and the eyeshadow quads look like kinda Charlotte Tilbury dupes. I mean, anything that helps me look a little bit more like Rosie HW and I’m good with that!
- Stila: Whenever people ask me for an eyeshadow palette recommendation, I always point them in the direction of Stila. Along with Zoeva and Charlotte Tilbury, I think they’re my favourite formula I’ve come across. Non-chalky, highly pigmented, and blendable, they’re just as good as any MAC shade! My personal fave is the In The Light Palette… it’s a perfect mix of neutrals, mattes and shimmers.
I hope you guys have enjoyed this little post! Let me know if you’ve tried any of these brands or if there’s any others you would recommend?
Check back in this weekend for a new post 🙂
Thanks for reading! Joanna xxx